Monday, October 31, 2016

HAAAAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEN!!

¡HOLA, HOLA!

Hey everybody, Happy Halloween!! I hope you all eat lots of candy for me tonight! This week was a really good week. I don't have time to write about everything that happened pened, but we had 'intercambios', or companionship exchanges, on Thursday! Hermana Ruiz stayed in Angachilla with one of the Hermana lideres, Hermana Sarrano, and I went to an area called Calle Cale with Hermana Norton (She's from Lindon, Utah and went to Pleasant Grove high school).

I was really, really nervous for intercambios because I had absolutely no idea what to expect and I knew Hermana Norton was going to speak to me in Spanish pretty much the entire time. I was super worried I wouldn't be able to communicate with her or understand anything that was going on, but I totally understood almost everything and all was well. The hermana lideres have some countryside in their sector and so we got to take a bus there to meet with a family an it was soooo beautiful. On the bus ride there we talked to this cute, little woman and it was such a cool experience. As she was getting of the bus she was holding on as it was slowing down, and she just kind of fell and flopped into some empty seats face first and it was seriously the cutest thing. Hermana Norton also taught these little kids on the street how to make oragami cranes and I think I struggled more than the little kids, but leik for real!

OHHHH!! quick side note because I keep forgetting to include this in my emails but it really is so important that everyone knows that the first counselor in our ward is actual Campell McGavin's real twin! It is so bizarre!!! I seriously can't look at him without feeling uncomfortable. Also his mom is actual the chilean version of Dawna Rasmussen and I really just can't get over it! I wish I had pictures of them! I'll try to take some sometime soon if I can bring it up in a way that isn't super creepy and awkward.

Okay back to buisness.. Hermana Norton! Seriously just had such a good time with her. She was just so much fun to be around and I feel like I learned so much from her. That girl knows how to love everyone and anyone and I admired her example so much. She's also really good at accents and I spend most of the night laughing. They had a ton of lessons scheduled that day and they all fell, but all day I could just feel the spirit so strongly in our efforts to contact people and really just seek oportunities to serve in anyway that we could, even if by just making someone smile! 

So I can't end this email without telling you about an experience Hermana Ruiz and I had the other day.. que verguenza! we were walking down the street and we saw this guy in a mask, like for Halloween or something, and he was carrying this thing that looked like an axe of some sorts.. fake or not, it was scary.. so we are walking down the street and he's walking towards us and it's pretty sketchy.. and then all of the sudden he starts running towards us and I was just like, 'no, no, no! Hermana!' and I ran away because I was too scared of who was behing the mask.. and well let's just say it ended up being like a 12 year old boy, but I wasn't taking my chances. 

Haha! I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful Halloween! If you have an excessive amount of candy, feel free to send it my way! It might be hard by the time it gets here, but I'll still eat it I'm sure!

hugs,

Hermana Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment