Monday, April 24, 2017

Fear and faith

This week honestly flew by! I really don't even remember most of what happened. I'm going to do my best haha..

We haven't been able to find our investigator A since she fell and was in the hospital for the day. We pray that she's okay and is just spending time with family somewhere. This week we were able to teach another investigator named M twice. In one of the lessons she had a headache that she said she had had all day. I offered her the doTerra oil that my district leader gave me to help with my headaches. It's like a little roller-ball thing and she didn't think anything was coming out so she accidentally put a little too much on. Long story short it got in her eyes and I'm pretty sure I made it a million times worse for her. I felt so bad, but after about 10 minutes of jumping up and down and washing her eyes out in the bathroom she said that she was okay and that it actually was helping with the headache. I FELT SOOO BAD! But the lesson went well and she started reading the Book of Mormon which is super great!

The elders started teaching L, the contact that we made on the street. Last week they had 5 lessons with him and have already taught the first 4 lessons in less than a week. He has a baptismal date for May 13th and came to church on Sunday. He showed up in a suit jacket and tie and looked like a natural, like he had been a member all his life. He's super awesome and it's just so cool to see someone so ready for the gospel. I'm way happy for him. I also had to speak on Sunday. Bishop Muñoz came up to me literally 30 seconds before sacrament started and asked if I could give a talk. Even though I wanted to say no, I wouldn't have, so I did it, but it was so lame. My second talk ever in sacrament meeting and this time in Spanish! I spoke about agency and ended up using a bit of  the lesson plan for the gospel principles class and I'm pretty sure it was only about 5 minutes long and that I said the same things over and over, but I managed. Hopefully it made some sense.

Today we went on a paseo (I don't know the translation for that.. adventure, outing mejor?) to Saltos de Petrohue with the Hermana Leaders and our Zone Leaders. It was super fun and super beautiful and I have lots of cool pictures, so I'll attach a handful! 

I've been thinking a lot this week about fear and faith, and how timid/fearful I am. Since being fearful is pretty much the opposite of having faith, I've realized that I lack a lot of faith. I've been working really hard to have more faith in everything and being less timid and afraid. There is a song in the hymn book that isn't very well known. I had only ever heard it because Lydia Theobald sent me with a bunch of lovely hymns sung by her. I'm not entirely sure what the title is in English, but I think it's something like 'When faith is near' .. Anyway, y'all should learn it because it's super short and super pretty. I also read about 'fear' in the bible dictionary which is also super interesting. So if you have some free time, look it up. It changed my perspective a ton!

Love you all! Have an amazing week!! 

besitos!

Hermana Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment