Friday, September 23, 2016

ONE MONTH.. WUT??

I don’t know about you guys, but I definitely can’t believe I left a month ago today. Most days here it feels like it’s been a year and a half already, but I also feel like I just got here yesterday. Time is such a weird concept. If I misspell a zillion words in this email I apologize in advance, this computer underlines every word in red as if it’s misspelled so it’s really, really hard to read what I’ve written.

This week.. was honestly the same as the others. I wish I could say that something crazy and out of the ordinary happened, but I’m not supposed to lie as a missionary, so I can’t do that, haha. Last Saturday we had TRC which I think probably stands for “teaching recent converts” but I could be wrong. Hermana H and I taught a somewhat recent convert and a member and honestly just talked to them about their lives and got to know them. It wasn’t much of a planned lesson, but it still went really well and we were able to feel the spirit. 

What else.. there’s a really awesome missionary couple here from Arizona. They work as mental health counselors here at the MTC and for all of the missionaries serving in Mexico City. They’re super great! Elder Packard is the first counselor in our branch and we joke that his wife, Hermana Packard is the second counselor because well.. she practically is. Anywho.. we love them, but Hermana Packard is going home for a while tomorrow to figure out some health issues and she won’t be back until after we head to Chile so I’m really sad about that.. she’s the sweetest and has taken good care of us.

We had a pretty hilarious experience with a Latino here. We were asking if they had hills or mountains in Mexico and he said they were “cerros” which means hills.. so then he asked us what it was called in English and we told him “hill”. Well I’ve never ever realized it before but apparently hill and hell sound very similar, so he thought we said hell, and then was like "infierno..??" Huge misunderstanding, but way funny! English is hard.. hill, heel, hell, hail.. I’m glad I’m not learning English. He also thought brand and bread were the same word.. poor guy!

Alright.. I’m gonna run out of time pretty soon here, but I leave in roughly 10 days for Chile!!! WUT!!!??? I definitely can’t speak Chilean Spanish.. I can’t even speak Mexican Spanish and they’re dumbing it down for us like crazy here. I can’t wait to leave though and to get to my mission! I’m sOooOoOo stoked!! Wish me luck though.. I’m going to need it for a while! I’ll be lucky if I even get a word in in the next couple of months.

We were able to watch two older devotionals last Sunday.. one from Elder Bednar and one from Elder Holland. They were both amazing as always, but I especially liked Elder Holland’s. I actually have always just loved Holland so I’m probably super biased. Also, everyone in my district is passing around a talk called “The Fourth Missionary” and it is honestly incredible.. even if you’re not going on a mission, not currently a missionary, or never have been a missionary.. you should definitely still read it! Honestly it’s like the key to life. So many good quotes.. way too many to choose from, but one of my favorites is, "The purpose and central blessing of this life is change." Chills.. something to remember at least. 

Okay I’m definitely, totally, without a doubt, out of time! But I love you all so much, and I hope all is well! My p-day next week will be Wednesday so you’ll hear from me again in no time, but until then.. know that I love you all and that I am so thankful for your prayers and support! 

CON MUCHO AMOR,
and hugs,

Hermana Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment