Monday, July 3, 2017

"No ... not yet"

This week was a really good week.. although to be honest, I really can't remember much of what happened. Hermana Roney and I are still trying to stop coughing so it was actually really difficult to teach lessons. We sounded like frogs and could only get a few words in before we had to pause to get a good cough in, so you can probably understand that they weren't the best lessons we could have taught.

We taught the Plan of Salvation to a mother and her daughter and it was really special. The daughter is young, but she's super super mature. The way she responded to our questions was actually remarkable. In reality, she probably should have taught us the lesson. We asked her what she thought our purpose here is, and we were referring to on earth, but she understood the question as what is 'our' purpose as missionaries (probably because well.. Spanish) but her response was so cute! She literally said, "I think you're here to bring happiness to the families and to teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they can become better people." Melted my heart! 

Our investigator A came to church yesterday and she really really enjoyed it! She loved how all of the members acted like one big family. It was such a blessing to have her there with us and an even bigger blessing because she stayed for all of the meetings! A sister in the ward asked her if she was a member and she said, "No.. not yet. I'm an investigator still." Hermana Roney and I about died when we heard her response. It was just too beautiful to hear.. "No.. not yet." Be still my soul. We also were able to teach her last night and the Spirit was really strong. Her mom really likes to feed us though and after she put a bunch of cookies in front of us, she fed us each a plateful of lasagna, and it was probably the best lasagna that I've had on the mission, but we were already so full we just couldn't finish it.. and afterward we felt so sick! 

But A! Ahhh that girl. She is just way too special! I know that she's going to get baptized and I really hope that I can be here when the day comes! It would be the biggest answer to my prayers! 

Like I said, I really can't remember much of what happened this week. I ate lot's of semola this week.. it's kind of like cream of wheat.. but it's flan-like, and the texture is just awful and I gag every time but I always manage to get it down and pretend I like it! Oh the mission! It really is a beautiful experience! I actually don't know how to put it into words! It's so hard, but I love it. Being a missionary is easily one of the best things that every happened to me!

Love you all so much!

Chaito!

Hermana Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment