Monday, March 6, 2017

Hoy es Lunes

This week was a bit of a slow one.. but some super good things happened too!

A ver.. we contacted a reference that we received from the Zone Leaders and had a lesson with him last Wednesday. We talked with him for a really long time about a lot of different things and were able to teach him The Restoration as well. He had a lot of questions and basically wanted to know what he needed to do to become a member of the church.. so that's pretty awesome! He'd like to meet with the bishop so we are going to try to set up a lesson with the bishop sometime this week! 

We also found another woman knocking doors and singing hymns. When I asked if we could sing a hymn for her and her family she looked at me like I was crazy, but we explained why we wanted to share the hymn and were able to enter her home and get to know her. She has A LOT of questions about religion in general, but is looking to find the truth. She told us that she's really analytical which was super evident, but we have another lesson with her scheduled for Thursday and we're hoping to be able to teach her and help answer her questions. 

V came to church again on Sunday so that was super awesome! She really likes to run right after sacrament meeting though! Hermana Levrino was directing the hymns again and I turned my head for two seconds only to turn back around and hear her say, "choa mamita, hasta miércoles!" ..uh yeah, okay.. "choa! nos vemos miércoles!" I really tried to get her to stay, but she's a sneaky one.

Sunday afternoon was the baptism of the bishop's older daughter. It was so special and the spirit was so strong!! I don't know what it is, but I don't know that I'll ever be able to attend a baptism without shedding a tear or two. Some kids from the primary sang "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and it was just too cute! lloré un poquito.. and my companion thought I was losing it. I think it's because it's still such a recent memory for me.. I don't know I'm trying to justify the uncontrollable tears. 

Other than that.. a stray dog followed us for a good 30 minutes today. He even followed us into a few stores.. or waited for us outside and then continued to follow. I was really trying to be patient, but he was really starting to get on my nerves. So I was humming "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and resisting the urge to kick him, que horrible! 

I hope that you all had an amazing week! Que tengan una semana maravillosa!! Love you all SOoOOoOo much! 

besitos!!
Hermana Sessions


(here's an ugly photo of my super fun tan lines.. just for kicks! enjoy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment