Tuesday, September 12, 2017

21

Well.. I'm legal. I will now, post-mission, be able to enter a bar and order a lemonade.. maybe even with two lemon wedges. Woot woot! 

This week was honestly really great. I waited for my companion for a little over two hours in the terminal in Puerto Montt, but I got to see Hermana Roney and Hermana Hanosek before they took of for Punta Arenas. When my companion showed up, I was really confused because at first glance I thought she was gringa, but President had told me she was from Uruguay so I wasn't sure she was the right one. 

Well, I guess I should tell you all a little about my hija.. her name is Hermana Chilán and she is from Uruguay. She recently turned 19 but she's sure got it all together. She plays piano really well, and can play a handful of other instruments as well.. and she speaks FIVE languages.. including English (which is probably the language that she speaks the least). Oh and she already served a mini mission for a total of 7 months in Uruguay. 

So long story short.. I'm not sure my trainee needs a trainer. SHE'S SO GOOD, de verdad. I mean.. it was a relief to know that I would be training a Latina.. because I knew she would already be able to communicate and I wouldn't have to teach her Spanish. I'm not really sure that I have to teach her anything. I'm pretty sure she's teaching me. I feel like I'm in my training. Maybe I should just resign, and she can take my position as mom.

She is a great missionary. She really amazes me! She's way more capable than me, but we make a good team. Even though she likes to talk and is capable of doing it all on her own, she's not the type to teach a lesson by herself and we've really taught in unity this past week. We taught the Restoration to a new investigator this week and it was such a spiritual lesson. She totally felt the Spirit, I could see it in her eyes, but she still didn't quite understand what she was feeling. 

I also planned five citas in 30 minutes. I've been trying to be a little bit more creative lately.. it's not the easiest thing for me, but I've had this impression/idea to call all of the numbers in our cellphone that are listed as investigators for several weeks now. I wanted to do it with Hermana Rivero, but we never got around to it. Well this week I finally gave it a try and even though more than half didn't answer and about a quarter didn't want anything to do with us.. but there were 5 former investigators that were super happy to hear from us and we were able to schedule citas with each of them. 

The day of my birthday was honestly kind of lame. I just wasn't really feeling it. One of the cute hermanas in our branch, Hermana Carol,  called me super early in the morning to wish me a happy birthday, which was super sweet. The rest of the day was just really weird. We taught a woman who was super evangelica and didn't really let us teach her. She changed the subject so many times we finally just left her with a pamphlet and a prayer. Later we were knocking doors when two women from the Red Cross in Chile came up to us and asked us if we were from the Mormon Church. We said yes and they introduced us to a cute, little, old lady who needed some company. While we were conversing with her an inactive member knocked on the door and wanted to join the conversation. It was really interesting, and I think Hermana Chilán was a little scared by him.

We were supposed to have our meeting with our ward mission leader at 7:30 and we were going to do it at his house. Well we got there and he told us that he forgot to tell us, but that he and his family were getting ready to leave. Then he said he was just messing with us and let us inside. When I stepped inside there were balloons and his cute family was there waiting to wish me a happy birthday. They threw me a little surprise get together and his wife made really good pizza. It was the cutest, sweetest thing ever and really made my birthday special. 

I'm so out of time.. so so incredibly out of time. But yesterday in our Gospel Principles class we talked about our Heavenly Father. It was a short, simple class.. but probably one of the most powerful classes we've had. We talked about all of the blessing that He has given us and continues to give, and about His perfect plan. He loves you all more than you will ever be able to comprehend. Each of you is a son a daughter of God. He knows you perfectly!  He sent His Son so that we can all return to His presence someday. He wants us to succeed. "For behold, this is my work and my glory —to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I know that He lives, and the He loves His imperfect children perfectly. 

I love you all! Have a great week!

hugs,

Hermana Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment