Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My Companion is Spiderwoman.. NBD

Well if I'm being honest, this week was a total blur. I'm having a super hard time remembering what happened and I can't believe it's already Monday again. I guess that's good, maybe.. time flies on the mission, it really does. I have 2 and a half weeks left in my training and after I'm just a normal missionary, que loco! 

On Tuesday morning Hermana Ruiz woke up with a super weird bug bite on her forearm.. it was just super red and she had these weird looking marks below that looked like someone or something had scratched her with their nails.. super strange! As the day went on the redness started to fade, but a blister started to take it's place and over time it got bigger.. we finally decided Friday morning that we should probably call the nurse, just in case. We ended up going to the clinic and found out that she had been bitten by a brown recluse!! AND SHE'S ALIVE. The doctor said that it's pretty common for nothing serious to happen, but it's also super common for something awful to happen, and usually the first 24 hours are super critical! She was super blessed, seriously, the Lord takes care of His missionaries. I'm low-key afraid to sleep now, but I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

Wednesday night, we ordered food during planning and it was the best completo (hotdog) I have ever had and super, super cheap! I was such a happy, chubby little missionary, and I was still full when I woke up the next morning, haha! 

This week we went caroling with the elders in our district, haha! Each companionship chose a day and we spent a few hours in each sector knocking doors, caroling, and teaching lessons. It proved to be pretty awesome for the other hermanas and the elders and we got a lesson out of it as well so that was super good! We got permission to go to an island called Corral in the elders' sector and we took a ferry which was such a neat experience! We also ended up singing at a nursing home and it was super humbling. I felt so much love for the cute, little, elderly Chileans and the spirit was so strong as we sang to them.

We also had a lesson with our investigator “F” and her kids this week and were able to have her friend, who is a member, there with us. We retaught the Restoration and it went really well. We were able to commit them to baptism as well and we are super, super excited to help them progress! They are such an awesome family! The member who came with us was saying that she really feels like it's “F’s” time and so we're pretty stoked!

I'm totally out of time this week, but I love you all so much! Thank you for your constant support and prayers, and please know how grateful I am for all of you! I keep waiting for it to snow here for it to feel more like Christmas, but all we seem to get is rain.. on the bright side it's still summer, so I've still got a tan, haha! 

Okay, 'nada que ver' .. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

p.s. I'm still without a camera and couldn't get pictures off of Hermana Ruiz's this week so I'll try my very best to send them all next week! 

hugs,

Hermana Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment