Monday, December 19, 2016

Hey everybody!

Since I won't get to email you all again until after Christmas I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! It's super weird being here in Chile celebrating Christmas in the summertime, but it's also a fun change! I miss wearing oversized sweaters, leggings, and boots.. and surprisingly enough, I really miss the snow. It just doesn't feel like Christmas here.

This week was super crazy! It went by super fast and I feel like not a ton happened. On Monday after we got done emailing, Hermana Ruiz and I kind of panicked about the spider situation and decided that it was probably necessary that we spray our house silly with raid and deep clean our room. We spent the rest of our day cleaning and spraying for spiders and then had a sleepover with the other hermanas at their house. It was super, super funny because we shared their bunkbed. Hermana Ruiz and Hermana Bailey slept on the top and I slept on the bottom with Hermana Ault. I woke up in the middle of the night and I had to pee so bad! I was sleeping on the inside against the wall, but I really didn't want to have to wake Hermana Ault, and I didn't want to try climbing over her and risk falling on her and scaring her silly, so I climbed out the end of the bunk bed over the foot post and it was the most painful thing ever. I really was so worried about how I was going to get back in bed and was just praying that I would find an easier way. To my surprise when I walked upstairs Hermana Ault was standing at the top because she had to pee too, haha! I was able to climb back into bed without any trouble.

This week we sang with the Stake Choir at the mall and for a Christmas devotional last night. We have had so many practices and have been singing so much that I have been having flashbacks to vocal ensemble and all the craziness that comes with the month of December. We sang four different hymns in Spanish and it turned out surprisingly well. We had a huge crowd at the mall on Saturday night and it was actually a really neat experience. We also had a ward Christmas dinner on Saturday night and sang 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' in English with the other hermanas for our 'talent'. I guess they liked it, because they asked us to sing it again as an intermediate hymn during Sacrament.. and on Christmas we are going to sing 'Angels We Have Heard On High' in Spanish. 

Today is Hermana Bailey's birthday and the elders in our district went to a lot of trouble to plan her a surprise birthday party.. with our help. It was difficult though because they wouldn't let us in on the surprise so it was kind of stressful figuring everything out. They basically threw her a wedding with white balloons and a wedding cake in our chapel and printed out a bunch of Facebook pictures of her and her boyfriend. They called it 'Trunky 20th' or something silly like that. It was super funny and super weird, but it was kinda sweet of them at the same time!

I think that's all I have for you this week. I'm sure my email will be a a little more entertaining next week after Christmas and maybe I'll even know transfers by then!

I love you all so much and am super thankful to know each and every one of you! Merriest Christmas wishes! 

hugs,

Hermana Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment