Monday, November 6, 2017

"tenemos una nalca.."

I don't have very much time, but I just wanted to mention a few things that have happened in the past couple of weeks. 

Two Fridays ago, we had an activity/noche de hogar in the capilla. Two brothers taught the lesson and I sang 'A Child's Prayer' with the youngest brother. The activity was super great and our investigators M and G (her son) came and really enjoyed it. They also came to a baptism that we had in the branch this past Saturday and G assisted church on Sunday.

At the beginning of this week, the branch went to the temple in Santiago.. it's a 12 hour bus ride there and back. Hermana Chilan and I really wanted to go, but then we took a bus to Osorno (like an hour) and already felt awful so probably best that we couldn't, haha. Sometimes I forget how far people have to travel in other parts of the world to be able to attend the temple. Then I heard some of the members say that it wasn't even far and there are a ton of other people who have to travel days.. it's just really humbling. A family from the branch was sealed during the trip and they came back absolutely full of the Spirit. They were all literally glowing. It was such an amazing experience to be able to hear their testimonies and hear them share their experiences. I will definitely never forget it. The gospel is incredible and I truly know with all my heart that families can be eternal.

On Sunday there was also a baby blessing in the branch and so many people assisted sacrament meeting. We didn't even have electricity and I think it was the fullest I've seen the chapel. There were 8 investigators and my companion and I died and went to heaven basically. We were overjoyed. Sunday evening we did divisions with Hermana Rivero and Hermana Jones and we had an activity in Llanquihue to pass out invitations for the open house that we are going to have in the capilla this coming Saturday. Hermana Rivero and I went out together and it was super fun to work with her again. We got talking with some guys that were selling Nalca (giant rhubarb).. and they ended up giving one to Hna. Rivero.. so we walked around with a giant stalk of rhubarb and it was hilarious. It looks like the arm of some creature.

Anyway.. that's all I've got for you folks this week! Que tengan una buena semana! 

Love,

Hermana Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment